2018 was a year of growth for my photography business and it makes me so excited to see what 2019 will bring. When it comes to my photography, I had a lot of accomplishments and successes that are important to me. So I am deciding to share these with you all.
At the beginning of the year, I traveled to Chicago with my friend Lexi who is also a photographer. We met up with an amazing and inspiring photographer Nicole and her photography business name is Nicole Jansma Photography. We met at an adorable French café, Nicole and I both share a love for Europe, so it was a perfect place to meet. Lexi and I asked her questions about herself, her photography business, and life in Chicago and then adventured around Chicago and took each other’s headshots. Meeting Nicole was an amazing experience and I will always remember all of the advice she gave me.
“2018 was a year of accomplishment and growth for my business”
This year I also started to realize that my brand for my photography was all over the place and needed some work. So I ended up completely rebranding and am so in love with how everything turned out thanks to BlogPixie. I feel as if my vision of my brand is finally coming together. I still have some more exciting things coming in 2019, so you will have to look out for those.
Another thing that I did this year was that I attended two different styled shoots. I enjoy attending styled shoots because it gives me the opportunity to connect with other photographers. Something I was very proud of which I don’t say very often, but a picture that I took of Hailey at the French lavender styled shoot received second place in its category at the Ohio State Fair. There were over five hundred submissions.
During the summer I volunteered to take pictures of families for the Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio’s calendar. I did this last year and realized it was something I wanted to participate in again because I met so many wonderful families by doing this. This year, I also photographed four weddings, many graduating seniors, engagements, and families. Really, I am so thankful for every client I have worked with and want to continue to grow as a business.
Here’s to a great year with many more to come!
Corazon Winter Styled Shoot:
Hair + Makeup: @lerevemakeup (*kristen bride)
@kyleehallhair (*megan bride) Gown: @dublinbridal
Invitation Suite: @vickibreondesign
@megan.phimmasone Ribbon: @thistleandtwill
French Lavender Styled Shoot:
– Event Organizer: Nicole Marie Photography @NicoleMPhotosColumbus on Facebook & Instagram
– Venue: Jorgensen Farms @JorgensenFarms on Facebook & Instagram
– Makeup: La Prima Beauty @LaPrimaBeauty on Facebook @La_Prima_Beauty on Instagram
– Hair: Shannon Goode @GoodeHair.ShannonGoode.HairStylingSpecialist @ShannonGoode.GoodeHair on Instagram
– Wedding dresses & Accessories: Gabriella New York Bridal Salon @GabriellaNewYork on Facebook @GabriellaBridal on Instagram
– Lavender Dress: Tara LaTour @TaraLaTour on Facebook & Instagram
– Suit: What The Tux @WhatTheTux on Facebook @WhatTheTuxOhio on Instagram
– Florals: EcoFlora Organic Flowers @EcoFloraDesign on Instagram @EcoFlora Organic Flowers on Facebook
– Cake & Desserts: Black Velvet Desserts @BlackVelvetDessert on Facebook @BVDessert on Instagram
– Invitation Suites: Ampersand Design Co. @AmpersandDesignCoPage on Facebook @AmpersandDesignStudio on Instagram
– Detail Rings: Worthington Jewelers @worthingtonjewelers on Facebook & Instagram
– Mirror Sign & Agate Slices: Eden + Vine @EdenAndVineLettering on Facebook @Eden_And_Vine on Instagram
– Rentals: Aiden + Grace @AidenAndGrace on Facebook & Instagram
– Model Jewelry: Red Giraffe Designs @RedGiraffeDesigns on Facebook & Instagram
– Cake Smash T-Shirts: Healing Heart Designs @HealingHD on Facebook
– Table Runner & Napkins: The Lesser Bear @LesserBear on Facebook @TheLesserBear on Instagram